Discipleship is a core value of Cross Impact IUPUI. Discipleship may be defined as "the loving commitment to the spiritual maturity of another believer in helping to bring him/her into greater Christlikeness" (Ephesians 4:11-12; Colossians 1:28-29; Hebrews 3:13-14; 10:24-25). Our P.O.W.E.R. Groups are structured to accomplish this definition. Essentially, a P.O.W.E.R. Group is a small community group of believers that is committed to intentional discipleship and biblical relationships that draw each other closer to Jesus Christ. The idea of P.O.W.E.R. Groups was originated by the Great Discipler Himself, when Jesus gathered twelve ordinary men who enjoyed an intentional, personal relationship with Him and were forever changed by it. To learn more about P.O.W.E.R. Groups, click here.
P.O.W.E.R. Groups Goals
P.O.W.E.R. Groups Meeting Details
- P.O.W.E.R. Groups will begin to meet weekly on September 12. We currently have three P.O.W.E.R. Groups.
- LADIES — 1:30 p.m. on Mondays in the Campus Center near Caribou Coffee (2nd floor)
- MEN — 6:00 p.m. on Mondays in the Campus Center near Caribou Coffee (2nd floor)
- This semester, we will be studying the Gospel of John in a series titled, "Who is Jesus?" Devotional materials will be posted soon.
- Last semester, these small groups studied the book of Esther, learning how God is always sovereignly in control...even in the shadows. To access the POWER group booklets on this topic, click here.
- In the past, we went through the study of "Truth or Myth? Exposing Eight Common Myths About God, The Bible, and You." If you would be interested in doing a study of this with one of our Cross Impact Officers, please contact our director at firstname.lastname@example.org.